The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC). It is expected that every Nigerian is enrolled and issued the NIN for the purpose of all round identification.
In recent times and maybe in the nearest future, this number is to be linked with every individual activities including banking transactions.
The NCC had earlier issued a two-week ultimatum to telecommunication operators to block all SIM cards that are not registered with the National Identity Numbers;
Although there is an intervention by the senate to extend SSD code on the major network operators or through other online platforms.
How to Enrol Identification Number Registration
For those who are yet to enrol for the NIMC’s, it is important to do it
- Walk into any NIMC’s offices nationwide
- You can also register through other licensed agents.
If you are already enrolled for the National Identification Number, you can follow these steps to check your NIN number on your mobile phone.
- Open your phone dialler and dial *346#
- Type ‘1’ to choose NIN Retrieval Option if you are dialling from the phone number you used in registering you NIN.
- Type ‘2’ to choose NIN Search if you have lost your number, you will be required to input some of your registration details
- Once you have retrieved, congratulations
How to Link Your NIN Number on MTN, Airtel, 9mobile, Glo
You can link your national identification number on below network operators as follows,
How To Link NIN To MTN:
Mtn users can link their NIN to their line in any of these three ways
- via https://mtnonline.com/nin
- Dial *785# or *785*NiN# or
- Complete the NIN linking form by entering your name, phone number, NIN, and email address.
- Submit the form as soon as you’re done.
- Wait for feedback from the network.
How To Link NIN To AIRTEL:
- dial *121*1# on your Airtel line to submit your NIN
- Type 1 for “NIN Capture” and send.
- Enter your 11-digit NIN and send.
- Wait for the message confirming your submission. If you get an error, just wait for some time and try again.
How To Link NIN To 9MOBILE
For 9mobile users;
- Visit 9mobile.com.ng/nin
- Click on ‘Verify and Link your NIN now’
- Fill the required information and submit
- 9mobile USSD link code will be announced as soon as it is available
How To Link NIN To Glo
Glo users can adopt any of these methods to link their NIN number
- By SMS: Type UPDATENIN followed by NIN number followed by firstname followed by lastname and send to 109, using the phone number you wish to link (e.g UPDATENIN 12345678901 Kabiru Fatai).
- Online: alternatively, visit www.gloworld.com/ng/nin to fill your information and link.
The USSD code *346# given above is the general NIN retrieval code for all network.
If you are unable to link your NIN through the above methods, then
- You should simply visit the nearest office of your service provider to submit/link your NIN.
- Go with your NIN and SIM pack