I have been using my Xperia Z for years now, and it still runs like I just bought it off the market. Do you know why? No,
it’s not because of my durable and trusty hardcover (although that does help).
If you aren’n.call(t("[data-toc]"))})}(window.jQuery);">t doing the same, then your device is probably running slower than you would expect, regardless of its age.
That’s why, we suggest you to download all the latest drivers for any model of Xperia you have at your disposal.
We have discussed the necessary steps in this article. And trust me, they are easy!
Sony Xperia USB Driver Features
Sony Xperia has been the pioneer in manufacturing some impressive smartphones over the years.
They have been well received by users all over the globe due to their wide range of features. However, you can only use a Sony Xperia and enjoy all its features if you have the right USB drivers installed.
Their smartphones all come with pre-installed drivers, but in case you have rooted your device and need to upgrade it, we will discuss how to download and install them in this article.
But before you go any further, you need to know all the different features they come with.
LATEST USB DRIVER It’s always wise to have the latest versions of the flash tool Xperia on your phone as it can benefit you in the long run.
Some of the installed drivers on your phone might not be fully updated.
The latest drivers are provided with routine updates from the developers, which keep your device in perfect condition.
OPERATE SYSTEM COMPATIBLE : If you own a Windows PC, and are looking for a driver update, you might be wondering which Windows versions are the most compatible.
Well, you will be glad to know that Sony Xperia USB driver are compatible with all Windows versions, both 32-bit and 64-bit.
DRIVER COMPATIBLE: In the past, not all USB drivers were compatible with certain Xperia devices.
But due to modern technological advancements and some modifications on the developer’s part, now you can download these drivers on any Xperia phone.
They have made these drivers extremely versatile over the years by adding certain tweaks.
For example, they are built to optimize performance by the help of routine updates every week or so. Hence, your device always remains efficient.
SONY PRICE: If you are worried about the latest Sony flash driver costing you some extra money, then you have no reason to fret.
Fortunately, the manufacturers of Sony are pretty lenient when it comes to updating their drivers. They provide routine upgrades that won’t cost you a single dime!
ABOUT SONY XPERIA SAFETY: You don’t even need to worry about your PC contracting harmful viruses and malware when you download these drivers.
The manufacturers make sure they pay special attention to these issues. They ensure utmost safety and precision when it comes to developing and upgrading Sony Xperia USB drivers for Windows.
Download Sony Xperia USB Driver
Any Sony Xperia can easily find the necessary drivers on their official website. Here you will find all the latest versions of Sony drivers downloaded for different models. If you are looking to download drivers on your PC, here is how to do it.
- Find the right version of drivers compatible with your model.
- Click on the Download link and store the zip file on your PC.
- After a few moments you will find the setup file in the download directory.
How to Install Sony Xperia USB Driver?
Once you have downloaded all the essential files from the website (present in the zip file), it’s time to install the driver on your smartphone. The methods are easy to follow and have been listed chronologically below.
- Use a data cable to connect your device to the PC.
- Click on the downloaded file .
- Extract the zip file in a new folder.
- Click on the “Start” icon on your Windows PC and click on the Control Panel.
- Click on “Device Manager” and you will find your computer’s name on the topmost part.
- Click on the computer name and go to the “Action” menu where you will find a “Add legacy hardware” button.
- Once you enter that option, click on Next.
- Now, you need to click on “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)” prompt and proceed to the next page.
- Click on “Show All Devices” and then press Next again.
- When you notice a button saying “Have Disk” click on it.
- Click on “Browse” and find the extracted driver in your system.
- Select it and press the “Open” button then click Next.
- When the Windows Security box appears, click on “Install this driver software, anyway” which will start the installation process.
- Once its fully installed click on a button at the bottom that says “Finish”
How Can I Repair My Sony Xperia Software?
Perform a software repair by using the following step
- Download a software named Xperia companion and install it
- Connect your Xperia smartphone to the PC (make sure the device is turned off)
- Launch the Xperia Companion where you will find Software repair option
- Click on it and wait for the process to end