- BVN gives a unique identity that can be verified across the Nigerian Banking Industry (not peculiar to one Bank).
- Customers Bank Accounts are protected from unauthorized access.
- It will address issues of identity theft, thus cut exposure to fraud.
- The BVN will enhance the Banking Industry chances of being able to fish out blacklisted customers.
- Reduce queue in Banking Halls.
- Standardized efficiency of Banking operations.
- The Customers unique BVN is accepted as a means of identification across all Nigerian Banks.
- With the instant BVN query service, you can now query your BVN on your mobile phone without going through the hassle of visiting a bank or ATM.
- In this post, I will show you how you can check BVN (Bank Verification Number) directly on your mobile device or how to know your BVN Number using USSD code directly on any mobile phone with or without internet.
Read This : How to Transfer On FCMB
USSD Code: How To Know Or Check BVN Number Via Mobile – MTN, Glo, 9Mobile and Airtel
***How to check Bank Verification Number (BVN)***
Check Bank Verification Number with your mobile phone on MTN, Airtel, GLO or 9Mobile (Etisalat) network on
Dialing the code *565*0#
and NIBSS returns the BVN associated with your mobile phone number.
Make sure the number used in dialing the code is associated to your bank account
Now that you now know how to check BVN number on your phone, next is to know how to link BVN with your existing bank accounts in Nigeria (other banks you own).